The wait for the monsoons seems to be longer than usual. Its an everyday
thing…that the minute I get up I go out and see which way the wind is blowing
andjust pray that it is an easterly one….for the last week the sun has been relentless…and doesn’t seem that it is going to let up in a hurry. the tv met reports are something that I look at during this time….dark clouds everywhere but what about us ?
and what if the monsoons forsake us ? a living death that’s for sure.
So life goes on…this cycle thing…first the heat then the wait for the blessed rains…
and then if it rains too much then we crib like anything.
sometimes…and its pretty often these days…I think about moving to a different place and hope that better climes prevail there…but what with the global warming and all that,I just might get a bad deal!
but again…the dark clouds gathering overhead,the smell of the earth as it thirstly drinks up the first showers.and the look of everything which says the almighty has just given the earth a good shampoo and bath and sprayed on some good perfume ! it’s a lovely sight and the pitter patter of rain drops on a tin roof is the best music I have ever heard!
and when the rolling clouds come in from the east and the clap of thunder encouraging lightening to do a tango its totally rejuvenating….and then the first fat drops fall and all seems to be right with the world again…and summer a forgotten bad nightmare….until next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment